The Culinary Medicine Conference
June 14 – June 17, 2018
New Orleans, LA
The Jung Hotel
Health meets Food is dedicated to teaching medical professionals and the communities they serve about the important connection between good health and healthy eating.
We are delighted to announce that registration for Health meets Food: The Culinary Medicine Conference, to be held June 14-17, 2018, is now open.
Register at this link: Health meets Food Registration
This year’s conference will be held at The Jung Hotel. We have secured a great rate for rooms and you can book right this very minute.
You can also take advantage of the rate for nights before and after the event if you want to extend your stay here in New Orleans. There will be limited rooms so book your room as soon as possible to make sure that you don’t miss out.
The registration page for the hotel is here: The Jung Hotel Registration
We will have a poster competition again this year and are very excited about being able to fully incorporate that into the conference arena. You can find information on poster submissions at this link: Poster Submission Guidelines and Form
You can find information and the agenda at this link: Health meets Food Agenda
Health meets Food 2018: The Culinary Medicine Conference is the 5th annual culinary medicine conference featuring
- faculty from Tulane University and The Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine (GCCM) at Tulane University, the first culinary medicine program established by a U.S. medical school, and
- renowned guest speakers from the worlds of food and medicine.
Health meets Food 2018’s Featured Speakers Are a Veritable Who’s Who of Culinary Medicine:
- Brian Wansink, John Dyson Professor of Marketing, SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University, and author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think and Slim by Design
- Mary Sue Milliken, Renowned Chef and Restaurateur, The Border Grill Restaurant and Trucks, and author of City Cuisine, Mesa Mexicana, Cantina, and Too Hot Tamales.
- Timothy S. Harlan (“Dr. Gourmet”), Associate Dean for Clinical Services, Tulane University School of Medicine, and Executive Director, The Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine, and author of Hand on Heart and Just Tell Me What to Eat!
Plus, more than a dozen other speakers, panelists, and chefs featured in a wealth of programs and demonstrations throughout the conference!
Who should attend Health meets Food 2018?
- Family Practitioners
- General Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Certified Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dieticians
- Chefs and Culinarians
- Other Allied Health Professionals
- Anyone Interested in Healthy Eating